Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Class Laptop Policy

I understand that many of you prefer to type out notes rather than write them, but I'm concerned that it's too easy not to contribute to our discussions. So, if you pop open the computer now and then to type things, that's fine. But if you have the laptop open the entire time, please show me one full day's worth of note taking so I can see how you benefit from having it open the entire time and what results from all that typing. If you are taking pages of notes, then great. But if not, then that's problem. I also reserve the right to ask to see the notes you have taken (I may email you after class and ask you to send me a copy).

It's your choice if you want to come to class and engage with us or stay out and do the other work you are trying to do on the computer. Make a choice to be here or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment